My Project: Small Dog Scarf

Our family was blessed three years ago when we found Chester at our local animal control. He'd been there three weeks; they kept Him longer because of his sweet temperament and after a scare of the kennel contracting distemper, he was ours. I grew up with big dogs, so I never thought I'd be the girl with a chihuahua...in our case a chihuahua/Jack Russell mix, I believe. But, he is our sweet, calm, quiet little boy and I wouldn't trade him for the world. Because he is so small (and truly needs sweaters and such...) I knitted him a scarf with spare fringy yarn I had in the bottom of my knitting drawer. Using size 13 needles and casting on five or six loops, I knitted this little thing in just a bit. It may not really keep him warmer, but he sure is durn cute in it!!

It wasn't easy to take his picture. For whatever reason, when I put it on him, he must have felt humiliated (poor dude!) and I had to say, "Go bye bye!" for the big ears to perk up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment