Pinterest Inspiration with an April Twist: Homemade Shower Cleaner

I try incredibly hard to be green and I was thrilled when I found a recipe for homemade shower cleaner here.  Her recipe calls for vinegar and Dawn, and I used a Green twist and used my 97% natural Clorox green works dish detergent.

I'm honestly not sure if you're to measure in cups or ounces, so I measured in ounces on my kitchen...but I don't think you can really mess this up.  Basically take equal ounces vinegar and soap. Heat the vinegar in the microwave until hot so it will help to mix the soap well. Pour vinegar into a spray bottle, followed by the dish soap. Swirl around to mix and you're done!  I used it yesterday when I was in the shower (yes, that's how I clean my shower...) and I was amazed at how well it did on the soap scum on the shower door. I took an old tooth brush and sprayed our white shower tile grout and it brightened up nicely....and very quickly too.  I just keep it on the towel rack that is in our shower and will use it as needed. No more need for full shower cleaning days!  I think FlyLady would be proud :)

All in all, I give this big thumbs up...one that I will use regularly from now on!  Now, go make some yourself and take pride in knowing what ingredients are in the products you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment