Best Christmas Gift Ever!

My husband and I always have believed in having big Christmases and we are always on a hunt to find the perfect gift for each other. Normally it is Kevin who is able to pull an idea from nowhere and surprise me with the greatest gift. This year, the cards fell in my favor for once!

We always make a list but this year Kevin couldn't think of something he would love to have. That left me grabbing at straws until one morning while hunting for mountain bikes on Craigslist, it hit me. We had gone white water rafting on the Pigeon River in North Carolina two years ago. I rode in the big yellow raft with our toddler, while Kevin and our older son Taylor each rode in a "ducky", or single person kayak. They had a blast. I began to research kayaks and canoes, immediately realizing that we had no way to transport them or store them. I went ahead to Sports Authority's website just to check out other objects when I saw it. It was perfect: a tandem, inflatable kayak. Class 3 rapids durable, inflates in less than 10 minutes by way of included foot pump, and it all fits in a bag that easily fits into our trunk. It was perfect...until I went to order it. It wouldn't arrive until at least January 10. I couldn't do that...we wouldn't even be able to use it on our winter break! I decided to check the manufacturer with hopes that they at least sold them online. As luck would have it, they did. I could get one used for less than at Sports Authority, free shipping, and a three year warranty...and it would arrive by December 28th. Doable. It was a risk, but I just knew it would be ok.

Blessing #1: it arrived on Christmas Eve at 3:00 pm
Blessing #2: it was in like-new condition, as if it was only a floor model. Immaculate. Better than I could have ever have hoped for. Sea Eagle truly delivered on this product and I highly recommend it. It's funny how many times people stop what they're doing because they've never seen a really sturdy, inflatable, easy-to-use kayak!

We have taken it out four times now (in a private canal, public canal, across a lake, and down a river) and are sold. It is awesome. My husband calls it the best gift ever. I can't wait to take our 12 year old and small dog out in it. Our preschooler fell asleep in it it rode so gently.  It truly is a perfect gift <3

No comments:

Post a Comment