Our Home: Craft Closet

I love my husband. He's my best friend, high school sweetheart, and the most intelligent person I know. One quality I love about him is that when he wants to do something, even when he's never done it before, he will do it. He'll learn all about it, become an expert, and go to it. A few summers ago, he took on the hobby of designing and building. We had spent the summer redoing rooms of our house: our then toddler's room from baby to preschooler, the boys' bathroom, and rearranging the living room. We used IKEA as our inspiration.

I love to craft and always had little room to do so without it taking over the house. So, when we purchased new bedroom furniture from IKEA for ourselves for Christmas, we decided to give myself an area in our living room. I had the Expedit shelving and desk, except I had the huge 16 cubby unit. It was a beast. We used it as a room divider/hall extension for about six months until we both decided it was too massive. I forfeited the space and we moved the unit into our preschooler's room, where it stands today. On a side note, I HIGHLY recommend this unit for kids...lots of organized storage!!  During that time of limbo, Kevin secretely began to research closet offices and found one that really excited him. He pulled me in and asked how I would feel about turning our vacuum/coat closet into a space for me. He would design it himself. I was all on board with the idea...especially after I saw his inspiration (you'll see later).  Our closet was one of those you NEVER open when company is there and I cringe to show it today. I have to though to help so the awesomeness of my closet now.


We took another trip to IKEA for the shelving, table legs, lighting (no overhead power though), wall storage, and storage containers. The filing cabinet came from Target and Kevin spray painted it an aqua that matched the wall paper. My sweet hubby even splurged and bought me the exact same (very pricey IMO) wall paper that was in the Country Living magazine here.

So without further ado, here she is!


Before :(
After <3





Another Angle


Original Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment