Pinterest Inspiration: Denim Rosette Necklace

I had my first experience with Mod Podge today! I've been meaning to pick some up, but didn't and luckily our art teacher was giving loads away. Thanks to a friend for picking some up for me, I now have a great supply! I saw denim rosette necklace and thought it was cute, but this time, i didn't have all the pearls with holes wide enough to fish ribbon through...just enough for the insides. I followed all the directions, found here, except my rolls were wider because I had to use a straw instead of a skewer. And, let me tell you, Mod Podge is awesome but some thick stuff! instead of doing six rolls per flower, I only did five, but I'm happy with it none-the-less. Also, because my flowers were bigger, I wanted the necklace to be smaller and with less detail, hence no side pearls. There was a point while making this that I thought, "This is going to look like crap," but it pulled out nicely. I had large ribbon, so I folded it, pressed it, and then put webbing in between and pressed again. It's a tie ribbon instead of a pull-over-the-head necklace as is in the blog. But, that's ok too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment