Pinterst Inspiration: T-Shirt Scarf

I love it when Pinterest projects are quick to complete, and Amanda wasn't kidding when she blogged that this scarf was easy. I began it and finished it all during an DVR'd episode of Dr. Phil.  The hardest part was finding the three t-shirts I could sacrifice for the project. What was great is that the shirts didn't have to be perfect. The white shirt had some spots, but you won't be able to see them.I dug out a purple, white, and gray set of shirts. I followed Amanda's instructions from here by cutting off the hem (used later) and then cutting the shirts length ways at 1 inch strips to make a huge loop. From the three shirts, I made about 33 loops, but you can make as many as you want. You then stretch the loops and then wrap them around your hand a few times until you get the size of the loop you want. Snip a four-inch approximate piece from the hem strip you set aside, tie two loops together. Keep going until you run out of loops. Then, enjoy!  Here is a picture of the scarf in action. I wore it the next day to Epcot and got a few inquiries about it. :)

Here is the original blog...




No comments:

Post a Comment