Pinterest Inspiration: Pets in the Classroom Grant!!

I'm thankful for Pinterest for so many reasons.  While perusing one day, I came across a Pets in the Classroom pin.  Pets in the Classroom provides grants for teachers looking to establish a classroom pet in their rooms and/or provide funding for pets already being cared for in the classroom. Since I have seven hermit crabs, two hamsters, and a class bunny (all who have needed new homes from other students/teachers), I was quite intrigued. I filled out the application. I honestly didn't expect much because I knew this was a national campaign and I was just one teacher. But, lo-and-behold, I received a letter this week congratulating me on being awarded $100 for my animals! Woot!!  I cannot wait to buy a surplus of goodies, treats, and food for my babies. Thanks so much, The Pet Care Trust!!

If you are interested in applying for your classroom animal, please be sure to visit http://www.petsintheclassroom.org/ .  They've awarded over 7000 grants in two years, so give it a shot!





No comments:

Post a Comment